Watermelon properties and nutritional benefits. Complete information about the nutritional value of watermelon, a moisturizing fruit.
Not surprisingly, as discussed throughout this note, it is an ideal summer fruit because it provides hydration, and it is refreshing.
Watermelon becomes the fruit variety that has more water, belonging to the family Cucurbitaceae. Today can identify more than fifty different species.
Its flesh has an intense pink color and being very sweet and refreshing, is an ideal to be taken in summer fruit.
But what are its benefits and most important properties? What has nutritional values?
Mainly to be a fruit that is practically water, it becomes a great rehydrating, especially in the summer when the season when more fluid should be consumed.
It provides mineral salts (which would highlight magnesium and potassium), and in its composition we find the presence of lycopene, a substance that, when found in abundance in the bloodstream, plays a certainly important role in terms to neutralize free radicals.
For those suffering from water retention due to high uric acid or kidney stones (also including high blood pressure), Watermelon is able to stimulate diuresis. Especially for a question to consider: two medium slices equivalent to a glass of water.
But its virtues do not end there, since it also is a fruit indicated when we eat and drink to excess, because it helps us to purge our body, thus favoring the elimination of toxic substances through urine.
Watermelon Nutritional Values (Per 100g)
– Calories: 20,3
– Carbohydrates: 4.5 grams
– Magnesium: 11 milligrams
– Potassium: 88.5 milligrams
– Fiber: 0.3 grams
– Folic acid: 3 micrograms
– Beta-carotene: 18 micrograms
- Moisturize and remineralize, thanks to its high water content.
- It has an extensive antioxidant power by featuring a substance called lycopene.
- It is ideal for low-calorie to have only 20 calories per 100 grams diets.
- It helps cleanse the body.
- It stimulates diuresis.
- It contains large doses of L-citrulline, a substance that produces relaxation of the capillaries. In the body, it is metabolized in an amino acid called arginine which has beneficial effects on the heart, circulatory system, hypertension and immune system.
- The L-citrulline also helps expel ammonia liver and is an important urea cycle, which occurs in this organ from the combination of ammonia, carbon dioxide and ornithine element. Once the process is finished, it is expelled from the liver and carries ammonia.
- It also has an important role in muscle fatigue. When we practice sport or feel physical stress, increase muscle lactic acid and ammonia. Then acts L-citrulline, which eliminates the factors that cause muscle fatigue and muscle prepares again for energy production. So, take this juice after intense physical activity is a quick and natural way to combat muscle fatigue.
It has positive effects to alleviate fatigue and fatigue caused by periods of great physical effort and stress.
The effects of L-citrulline in vasodilation help a healthy sex life, since it promotes and improves blood flow to all parts of the body and relaxes blood vessels, so that treats erectile dysfunction.
It also contains lycopene, a bioactive compound that has protective effects against certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases. There is also evidence that prevents syndrome macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of blindness in the elderly.
Benefits of Watermelon Juice for Skin
Sun, sea, sand, salt is likely to become the first enemy of beauty.
Although summer is upon us, it is good to know in advance how to protect them effectively from the risks this summer.
Among the solutions that aim to maintain our skin, there is a mask melon can preserve us from harmful UV rays.
Melon, rich in vitamins A, C and silica repair skin from sun damage and stimulates collagen production. It also contains many antioxidants and carotenes. Like the cucumbers, the melons soothing, refreshing and cleaning.
For this reason, in the summer, it is best to consume seasonal fruits such as apricots, peaches, mangoes and carrots. That way you get important benefits for the skin and will assure a broad spectrum skin protection.
To achieve our effective Mask watermelon is good to use: a new watermelon, 1 teaspoon of aloe juice, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 2 drops of lavender essential oil.
Aloe vera juice is particularly suitable for cellular repair and for its regenerative properties. Yogurt also helps to gently exfoliate but also acts moisturizing.
To complete the action of the mask, you can use the essential oil of lavender is particularly effective for its soothing and repairing properties and for the most sensitive skin.
This worm appears to be one of the best homemade facial skin of rosacea, dry, oily, combination and mature.
In addition, it is particularly suited for those who are usually exposed to the sun in summer or regularly undergo sunlamps.
- To create the mask you need to mix the melon, the “aloe and yogurt.
- At this point, pour the mixture into a bowl of aluminum and add lavender, in small doses.
- Meanwhile, rinse your face and give dry it with a cloth, taking care not to irritate the skin.
- Apply the mask to clean face. Let the mixture stand for 10-15 minutes.
If you want to increase the effect of the mask, mix a piece of melon, a carrot, a handful of blueberries, fresh lime juice, half a dozen ice cubes and a tablespoon of raw honey in blender: this way you get a tasty centrifuged.
Taste the mixture while wearing the mask regenerated.